Saturday, October 27, 2012

Racist Test On A Six-Year-Old: FAIL

Someone posted on my Facebook timeline today a picture which, in essence, carried on the tune "The Republican Party is a party full of Racists." Of course, this fable has been told for quite some time, but most especially in the months immediately preceding the election of Barack Obama and dramatically increasing during the last for years of his presidency. How ironic, the Republican Party, the Party solely responsible for freeing Blacks from slavery, has now become the target of the "Racist" label. I am so tired of hearing this fallacy perpetuated by all those who cannot defend Obama with his record, but instead have to invent divisive substitutes to protect their candidate. The easiest card to play is the race card. Of course, Obama plays the race card all the time, so why should we think his supporters would be any different?

At any rate, I got to thinking. Children (of which I have 3) are innocent, brutally sincere, and have no grasp of "politics". What if I filtered a video of Obama through the innocent mind of my oldest daughter, Bailey (who just turned six), and asked her if she thought he was telling the truth? Then, after her response, I would show her a video of Alan Keyes and ask her the same thing: "Do you think he's telling the truth?" After repeating this test on a video of Allen West, I would finally show her a video of Mitt Romney. For the sake of some Obama supporters, who are so ignorant they don't know the Race of the two presidential candidates, I will make the following clarification: Barack Obama, Alan Keyes, and Allen West are all Black; Mitt Romney is White. Got it?

The results of my test will not be surprising to anyone who doesn't buy the race card.

The first video I showed my daughter, Bailey, was this debate between Obama and Keyes from 2008:


Within only moments of hearing Obama speak, my daughter shook her head "no" to indicate he wasn't telling the truth. When I asked her why she thought he wasn't telling the truth, she said, "Because he's not a good man." My daughter has seen Obama speak a lot because we have watched the debates in our home, but the real first test would be when she saw Alan Keyes, because she has never heard him speak before. Within moments of Alan Keyes' rebuttal against Barack Obama, my daughter indicated that she felt like he was speaking the truth. When I asked her why, she said, "He is a good man." The last Black Statesman I showed Bailey was Allen West, as seen in the video below, which was not taken from a debate. This time I told Bailey to listen for a little while longer and tell me as soon as she knew if he was telling the truth. As with Alan Keyes, this was the first time my daughter had seen Allen West speak:


Bailey watched for about 15 seconds and indicated, resolutely, she felt like he was telling the truth. When I asked her why she felt that way, in her adorable good nature, she thoughtfully replied, "I know he's telling the truth because... because... when he talks I know that he is a good man." I confess, I nearly cried a little at this response, but I pulled it together and showed her the last video of Governor Mitt Romney below:

Well, as you can imagine, she immediately said he was telling the truth and followed with her declaration, "He is a good man." In the words of a six year old, we have a clear choice in less 10 short days. We can vote the Liar in for another four years, or we can vote for a good man who is telling the truth about the only way to fix our sinking nation.

"There is no AMERICAN future, without a Romney Presidency." - me ;)

Vote AMERICA. Vote ROMNEY/RYAN.

3 comments:

  1. Your daughter is very perceptive. My 2 year old (she'll be 3 on Dec. 27) is a very smart and intuitive little girl. We watched the first 2 debates. Several days ago, we saw a clip of Obama speaking on the news and Rebecca said, "obama's a liar." I was a little taken aback that she said that. I'm pretty sure that neither Bryant nor I have said that where she could hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In 2008 my youngest son was six years old. I had not been discussing politics in my home so my younger children had no clue who the candidates were. My youngest son walked in to the living room during the debate and as O started speaking my son, who had not seen the television and didn't know what any of the candidates looked like, said "that man makes me feel really bad inside. Will you turn the tv off please?" Out of the mouths of babes...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!